Seeking to renew a commitment to your art or creative business?
Are you ready to launch a new project?
Want some guidance?
What can I expect?
- Personal one-on-one arts business training in a relaxing creative environment
- Active learning and skill building set at your pace
- Self-directed curriculum, you decide consultation topic and direction
- A new sense of possibility and increased productivity
- Affordable coaching aimed at emerging and mid-career artists on a budget
- Accountability, follow-up and feedback aimed at helping you succeed
- Utilize Kate as a catalyst and coach
Where are consultations hosted?
Kate has a peaceful creative studio space in Northeast Minneapolis where she usually hosts consultations. Flexibility in meeting space is encouraged. Past consultations have been held at local coffee shops, creative spaces or consultees' studios.
What sort of business assistance can Kate help provide?
Kate has worked in a variety of business topics, but consults are NOT limited to the list below. Please reach out if you have questions about whether or not Kate can help you with a goal or project if you are unsure.
- Facebook: Creating artist pages, groups or profiles, boosting posts, creating events, linking Facebook to your Etsy shop, changing your Facebook URL, starting ad campaigns
- Etsy: Setting up a shop, listing items, changing shop settings, proper packaging of items
- Grants: Proofreading and reviewing grant proposals for a second opinion, walk through grant proposal packets, suggesting grants to apply for
- Blogging: Basic Word Press navigation, uploading images into blogs and adding captions, visual tips for blog consistencies, scheduling automatic blog posts
- Organization: Creating and managing your art inventory, organizing important business documents, learning what to keep and what to throw, email management systems, keeping track of exhibition dates and contacts
- Marketing: Basic arts publicity and media management, Ideas for promotional items and handouts, assistance compiling a mailing list, set up with Mail Chimp email software, writing press releases, creating media packets, preparing for media interviews
- Social Networking: Setting up and managing a social networking plan, using Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram
- Goals: Setting and managing artistic and business goals, creating a vision board, guidance through The Artist Way by Julia Cameron, Setting short and long term goals
- Exhibitions: Writing exhibition proposals, planning and preparing for solo exhibitions, planning group exhibitions, connecting with galleries, planning and preparing for open studio events and visits
- Consultations: One on one personal development, skill building and development, referrals to organizations and businesses, connecting to local artists, business and other helpful websites and tools to help you, legal and insurance suggestions, recommendations to attend specific workshops
- Small Business: How to start a small business, setting up a Limited Liability Company, receiving a state tax ID number, getting a FEIN number
- Artist Tools: Artist Statements, Biographies, Resumes, Curriculum vitae, Designing a portfolio
Who does Kate help?
Kate's personal philosophy is to assist emerging to mid-career artists on tackling a project or goal in mind. Consultations are designed with your needs and your creative style in mind. The only catch is that YOU do the work, Kate is here to assist, coach, talk and mentor you along the way but you are in charge of your own success.
I'm interested, now what? Please email Kate with your initial idea, project or goal that you would like help with at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to reach out if you would like additional information or if you would like to schedule a consultation.
Who is Kate Renee?
Kate is a local artist and entrepreneur located in Minneapolis, MN She is a recognized artist in the community and is known for her bright colored 3D resin paintings. Kate's own work has been funded by the Minnesota State Arts Board Artist Initiative Grant.
In 2011, Kate developed a program designed to offer emerging artists career development guidance and a solo exhibition. Since this opportunity in non-profit program development, Kate has continued to serve emerging artists through her consultation services.